How To Care For Your Hair!
The Washing Process
Co-Wash prior to install. Be gentle when combing, washing and styling. Start by:
1. Holding hair by wefted ends, fully submerging in water. Never rub hair together, or roll into a ball!
2. Add small amounts of shampoo, gently washing from the ends of the hair moving up(no rubbing). Only shampoo as needed when there is product build-up. (Shampoo increases drying)
3. Using lukewarm water, fully rinse hair until all shampoo has gone from your hair.
4. Using ample conditioner, completely coat your hair. You may choose to de-tangle using de-tangling comb or brush at this point. Start at the bottom, gently combing/brushing upwards until all hair is de-tangled. Let the conditioner stay on your hair for 5-15 minutes.
5. Thoroughly rinse conditioner out of hair, and place on a towel. Do not rub, or pat dry.
6. While hair is still damp, spray leave-in conditioner. Use ONLY A comb/brush to evenly distribute.
7. Air dry your hair for best results. For reduced volume, DO NOT DISTURB hair while its drying! If you comb or run fingers through, the volume will increase x2.
8.Once your hair is dry, you may use small amounts of anti-fizz(optional) to prevent increased frizz. Focus on the ends.
Lace Closures Care Rules
1. Be Gentle! Never rub/scratch your closure. This can cause balding or holes
2. NEVER rub hair on the closure together. Always comb/ de-tangle in one direction.
2. Always have a professional complete processing of any kind to help protect the integrity of your closure. *Any processing completed will change the integrity. Lace is very delicate*
3. When washing/conditioning, hold your closure in one hand, while using your other hand to gently comb towards the back or use a middle part to wash.
Raw Hair Care 101
- Tresesmme Curl Hydrate 7x Moisture(conditioner/shampoo)
- Mizani True Textures-Curls,Coils, Waves(leave-in conditioner)
- Aussie Moist-Hair Insurance(leave-in conditioner)
- Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz(oil/serum)
- Aussie Moist Curl Taming Cream(light consistency curl cream)
- CHI Iron Guard(heat protection)
- Cream of Nature Argon Oil Style & Shine Foaming Mousse(as needed)
*Use your favorite hydrating treatment hair mask approx. x1 every 8 weeks*
Raw Hair Care 101
- Co-wash 1x per week. Deep condition/treat 1x per 8 weeks
- Only shampoo(using clarifying shampoo) minimally for product build-up
- Re-hydrate hair as often as needed using water.Seal in with an oil!
- Always de-tangle gently from the ends working upwards with de-tangling tool
- Air dry for best results and/or use a diffuser. Do not touch while drying
- Use minimal products when styling, avoiding over-saturation with oils
- Always use heat protection when heat styling to prevent damage
- Avoid cutting your wefts when styling to decrease shedding
- Light oils on the ends for any dryness(coconut oil is okay!)
- Use silk bonnets/silk pillowcases at bedtime
- Braid, twist, or put hair in a high ponytail when sleeping
- Use silk bag to store hair not being used
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions!