Hair Care 101: "Celebrity Collection"- Specific Hair Care Guide
Cambodian hair is unique as the strands aren't thick but neither are they fine! The strands are of a medium size allowing for a naturally moderate waited texture. This means, it will respond best to light to medium consistency products.
Below you will find easily accessible products to help you care for your hair Cambodian hair at home!
Below are some of our favourites that will work best for ALL textures within our "Celebrity Collection".
IF you are unable to locate any of our faves, please stick to our general outlines to best care for your hair!
Quick Washing Steps
STEP 1: Choose 1 of the shampoos- WASH
STEP 2: Choose 1 of the conditioners - CONDITION for 10-30 mins
STEP 3: Rinse until clear -REMOVE EXCESS WATER
STEP 4: Apply - LEAVE-IN then Serum
STEP 5: DRY
What shampoo should I use and when?
Choose a MOISTURIZING/HYDRATING shampoo if you need a quick wash.
Choose a CLARIFYING/DEEP CLEANSING shampoo to remove heavy product build-up; OR if your hair just isn't "feeling the best".
Once you have chosen your shampoo, you are ready to start!
Hydration (Select One)
What conditioner should I use and when?
Conditioner is MANDATORY following shampooing!! This will replenish moisture that was striped during the washing process.
Conditioner can be used alone when your hair just needs a quick boost! Aka a "CO-WASH".
Be sure to leave your conditioner on your hair for minimum of 10-15 minutes!
Should I use a leave-in?
Leave conditioner provides further moisture to your hair...so YES!
But choose a LIGHT & SPRAYABLE leave-in conditioner. This will work best for this collection.
Ensure to spray leave-in on damp/wet hair.
When do I use a serum?
We recommend using a PEA SIZE per bundle of an anti-frizz serum to help seal in moisture and reduce frizzing while drying. Apply on damp hair after leave-in.
We also recommend using an anti-frizz as needed when hair is dry, focusing on the ends.
••Avoid heavy styling creams - on LAXED TEXTURED hair. This will weigh your hair down.
Detailed Washing Guide
Be gentle when combing, washing and styling. Start by using lukewarm- to very warm water to open cuticles on your hair. Once you have the perfect temp, do the following:
1. Detangle hair. Holding hair by wefted ends, fully saturate each strand of hair with water. If using a container, fully submerge hair until hair is fully saturated. Never rub hair together, or roll into a ball!
2. Add small amounts of shampoo, gently washing from the ends of the hair moving up(no rubbing). Only shampoo as needed when there is product build-up. (Shampoo increases drying)
3. Using lukewarm water, fully rinse hair until all shampoo has gone from your hair. This will be indicated by clear, non-suddy water.
4. Using ample conditioner, completely coat your hair. You may choose to de-tangle using de-tangling comb or brush at this point. Start at the bottom, gently combing/brushing upwards until all hair is de-tangled. Let the conditioner stay on your hair for 5-15 minutes.
5. Thoroughly rinse conditioner out of hair, gently squeeze excess water out and place on a towel. Do not rub, or pat dry.
6. While hair is still damp, spray leave-in conditioner. Use ONLY A comb/brush to evenly distribute.
7. Air dry your hair for best results. For reduced volume, DO NOT DISTURB hair while its drying! If you comb or run fingers through, the volume will increase x2.
8. Once your hair is dry, you may use small amounts of anti-fizz(optional) to prevent increased frizz. Focus on the ends.